Similar to Undertale, it relies on good dialogue, a nice leitmotif and humor that a certain target audience understands. I feel like your a little too restricted at the beginning, blocked off from certain parts of the town which I think are unfinished. Keep up the good work!
H3H3 RPG: Origin Demo
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
I asked myself, what if you could take H3's videos and adapt them into a comic or cartoon that had a beginning, middle, and end? Then, what if that was adapted into a game? At the end of 2015, I set out to create an ambitious story adaption of H3H3production's YouTube videos in a SNES-style RPG.
- "Moviefied" adaption of H3H3's videos where Ethan and Hila become a part of the videos they react to in a connected storyline.
- Classic turn-based battle system similar to Final Fantasy, with many characters & abilities to master.
- Original pixel art and music.
- Memes, people, items, foods and more from the H3H3 "Universe" come to life.
- Surprises, twists, & cameos.
Currently in development. A demo of the game's first events is available for download. (15-30 minutes in length. Not indicative of the final release.)
PC: Unzip the package and open "H3H3 RPG Origin Demo.exe".
Mac: Unzip the package and open "H3H3 RPG Origin Demo" application.
This is not a problem with the game! It's an Apple permissions issue.
There are two ways to get around this:
1. Right-Click (Control-Click) and select 'Open' on the application or...
2. Follow these steps to play the game:
- Open the System Preferences. There are two approaches: - Click on the System Preferences icon in the Dock - Selecting Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Next open the Security & Privacy pane by clicking Security & Privacy. (Make sure that the General tab is selected.)
- Click the icon labeled "Click the lock to make changes" in the bottom-left corner.
- Enter your username and password into the prompt that appears and click Unlock. (If you have no password, this can be left blank).
- Under the section labeled "Allow applications downloaded from:", select the option "Anywhere". On the prompt that appears, click "Allow From Anywhere."
- Click the lock icon.
- Click apply.